You know what time it is when Thursdays comes around. MissInfo x OS bring you some Dirty Harry today. 90′s R&B blends is where its at. You know it’s gotta be when you got Groove Theory over some “NY State Of Mind” or Tony Rich over a Ghostface instrumental. This is that real hip-hop baby making tape. Check the jump for the tracklisting.
Here we go now! This is the first in many more remixes to come, where the Government will remix a beat and OnSMASH will get artists to jump on them.. Here they went in on the Jay-Z “Brooklyn (Go Hard)” and we got Harlem’s Cash and The Kid Daytona to go in.. Let us know what beats you would like to hear remixed so we can get it done!! Its the Remix Series baby! This track will also appear on Harlem’s Cash On My Way To HARLEMwood 1.5: Government Approved coming soon to OnSMASH…
Since folks like 50 and Dip Set redefined the genre years ago, the artist-driven mixtape has become one of the best and most effective ways for emcees to introduce or (re-introduce) themselves. Mixtapes give us a glimpse of up-and-coming artists early in their careers and their talent in its rawest form. While it’s always exciting to see fresh talent emerge via tapes, too often rappers fall into the trap of dropping mixtape after mixtape without a solid album release date. To encourage a break in this trend, OnSMASH is campaigning for ’09 to be the year of the album–not the mixtape. We’ve chosen 10 artists (and some honorable mentions) that we feel will bring the heat on their debut LPs this year. These aren’t just “internet rappers” but artists that have been making noise on and off the blog circuit. They might even be your current favorites. Either way, good hip-hop is in the forecast for 2009.
*additional reporting by Sam Cadet
On this election day I decided to do what I do best—be a festival of rhymes!! So throughout the day, I’ll give you three written verses about the election and my part in it.
This week on THE BIG PIC, what I decided to see how many people [I knew] were really informed on world issues that affect all of us. And what better way to obtain this information than to ask a question that makes no sense and see who actually has the balls to respond.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I would like to welcome you to the first edition of THE BIG PIC.
What we are going to do is a series of articles along with video blogs of my travels as both an artist and an activist in attempt to present the “bigger picture” of how Hip-Hop and politics coexist.
In order for this to not be being boring as hell, I’m going to present “off-the-wall-ass” socio-political questions to entertainers, as well as regular folks on the street, to let you get an exclusive view at THE BIG PIC.
I will also take a journalistic approach to answering the questions myself. After you see the video blog, please read the following article.
You already know what time it is when Thursday hits. Now lets get into the proceedings this evening.. OnSMASH &
01. The Beatnuts – Hit Me With That
02. Big Mike – Playa Playa
03. Method Man – Sub Crazy
04. Organized Konfusion – Lets Organize
05. Keith Murray – Escapism
06. Mobb Deep – Give Up The Goods (Just Step)
07. Black Moon – Murder MC’s
08. Ill Al Skratch – Summertime (Al’s Solo)
09. PMD – Shade Business
10. Nas – One Love (Remix) (Feat. 1L, V.I.C & Godfather Don)
11. Redman – Rockafella
12. O.C. – Constables
13. Too Short – Paystyle
14. Biz Markie – Vapors
15. Blackstreet – Love’s In Need
16. Big L – Danger Zone
Week six of the first annual OnSMASH Football Pick’em Tournament! Last week, Al Davis fired Lane Kiffin and made Tom Cable the Raiders’ interim head coach, and the Rams promoted Jim Haslett to head coach. The New York Giants and Tennessee Titans are undefeated, and the Lions, Bengals and Rams haven’t won any games so far. The Associated Press recently interviewed NFL players about the U.S. presidential election.
Here are the stats for the season thus far:
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Total|
Damn, lucky number 13.
01. The Notorious B.I.G. – Biggie Threatens DJ Clue On Hot97
02. Pudgee & P-Dap – Freestyle Intro
03. Wu Tang Clan – Can It Be (Remix)
04. Black Moon – Buck’Em Down (Remix)
05. Nas – One Love (Remix)
06. The Notorious B.I.G. – Unbelievable
07. Wu Tang Clan – Heaven N Hell
08. Pete Rock & CL Smooth – I Got A Love
09. Mobb Deep – Shook Ones
10. Flatlinerz – Live Evil
11. Ill & Al Scratch – Ill Take Her
12. Das EFX – Kaught In The Ak (Remix)
13. Common – Communism
14. Bas Blasta – Dangerous
15. Heavy D – Nuttin But Love (Raggae Remix)
16. Shabba Ranks – Ram Dance Hall
17. Don T – Da Ridim
18. YN Vee – Chocolate
19. Pudgee & Digable Planets – Hardrock
20. Pete Rock & CL Smooth – Main Ingredient
21. The Youngsters – Hip Hop Ride
22. Bas Blasta – The Rhythm (Feat. Fat Joe, Lord Finesse, Juju & Godfather Don)
23. The Gravediggaz – 6 Feet Deep
24. A Tribe Called Quest – 1, 2 Shit (Feat. Busta Rhymes)
25. Jeru Da Damaja – Da Bitches
BONUS: DJ Clue – Grand Theft Audio II (Desert Storm Mixtape Vol. 3) [Mixtape]
I made it out, I’m bringin’ mad joy/The doctor looked and said, “He’s gonna be a Bad Boy” – Notorious B.I.G.
01. The Lox & The Notorious B.I.G. – Freestyle
02. Nas, Kamikaze & Cormega – On The Real
03. Das EFX & Mobb Deep – Microphone Master (Remix)
04. M.O.P. – Raise Hell
05. The Fugees – Fu-Gee-La
06. Redman – Funkorama
07. Blahzay Blah – Danger Part II
08. Jay-Z – Dead Presidents
09. AZ – Freestyle
10. Jay-Z – Freestyle
11. Foxy Brown – Freestyle
12. The Fab 5 (OGC & Heltah Skeltah) – Leflah
13. Big Noyd & Prodigy – Recognize & Realize
14. LL Cool J – Doin It
01. Puff Daddy – Intro
02. Total – Someone Like You
03. D’Angelo & AZ – Lady (DJ Premier Remix)
04. The Lost Boyz – Renee (Remix)
05. R. Kelly & The Notorious B.I.G. – Be Happy
06. Total, Foxy Brown, Lil Kim & Da Brat – No One Else (Remix)
07. Redman – Freestyle
08. Busta Rhymes – Freestyle
09. Busta Rhymes – Woo Hah
10. Wu Tang Clan – Winter Warz
11. Mobb Deep – Still Shinin
12. Ghostface – Motherless Child
13. Erick Sermon – Maintain
14. OC – Love & Affection
Thats right. OnSMASH & MissInfo have reached the double digit milestone. We are officially 10 weeks in (+/- 2) Can you believe it? I must say its been great to share a little blast from the past with those who werent familiar, or simply forgot. Its always good to show people what you grew up with and how different the times have become. Its easy and understanable to get stuck in the time warp, but good music has always existed. Now, its jus a little harder to find because theres so much of it we access on a daily basis. Its not easy to filter through the stack, but in times like these.. it was ALL golden. So without further a do, we bring to you.. Throwback Thursdays X featuring timeless classics from Doo Wop with 95 Live and “The Mixtape KIIIINGGGG” Ronnnnnn G with Dead Presidents. I had Tony Touch 54 up in the mix as well, but wireless connections seem to be causing some trouble. We’ll have to save that one for next week boys and girls. We almost made it Christmas in September right Info? Thank You for riding with us for 10. We’re gonna keep them coming.
tracklisting after the jump…