The NBA trade deadline concluded earlier today with some teams making moves for the future and others not finding a partner to make a big deal before the deadline concluded. The big elephant in the room seen in the picture above was the Hawks desperately trying to move Josh Smith before the NBA trade deadline. Smith is said to be looking for a max-deal and move on from the Atlanta Hawks but the Hawks have cleared cap room for this summer’s free agency and are looking to surround him with quality talent like Georgia native, Dwight Howard.
Speaking of Dwight, his name was in talks for the past few weeks whether the Lakers should trade him now or not due to his inability to fit the Lakers under the D’antoni system but L.A. decided to keep their center with hopes of re-signing him in the off-season.
While the Lakers didn’t make any moves they can look forward for making a late push towards the playoffs but it’s going to be had to pass the Houston Rockets for the 8th seed in the West. Houston arguably had the best deadline day move acquiring the 5th pick of the 2012 draft Thomas Robinson from the Kings as he will join Lin, Asik, Parsons and James Harden in a new look starting lineup that should be rejuvenated with the post season coming soon.
The biggest name moved today sadly was J.J. Reddick as he went to the Milwaukee Bucks to join to back-up the superstar backcourt tandem of Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings. The Bucks had hopes of trading for Josh Smith but Smith didn’t want to go to Milwaukee without Monta present. Hopefully, he’ll have the chance this summer of joining the Bucks in the offseason which they’re already prepared to match any offer restricted free agent Brandon Jennings receives.
You can check after the jump for a complete run down of the trades from earlier today.
- Oklahoma City Thunder acquires Ronnie Brewer from New York Knicks in exchange for a future second round pick.
- Milwaukee Bucks acquire J.J. Redick, Gustavo Ayon and Ish Smith from the Orlando Magic in exchange for Doron Lamb, Tobias Harris and Beno Udrih.
- Boston Celtics acquire Jordan Crawford from Washington Wizards in exchange for Leandro Barbosa (out for the year, expiring contract).
- Houston Rockets acquire Thomas Robinson, Francisco Garcia and Tyler Honeycutt from Sacramento Kings in exchange for Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich and Toney Douglas.
- Boston Celtics Sign Terrence Williams to a 10-day contract.
- Portland Trail Blazers acquire Eric Maynor from Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for draft rights to Giorgio Printezis
- Golden State Warriors trade Jeremy Tyler and Charles Jenkins to the Atlanta Hawks and Philadelphia 76ers, respectively to avoid luxury tax.
- New York Knicks sign Kenyon Martin to a 10-day contract.
- Toronto Raptors acquire Sebastian Telfair from Phoenix Suns in exchange for Hamed Haddadi.
- The Miami Heat sends Dexter Pittman and second round pick to the Memphis Grizzlies to free up a roster spot.
- Phoenix Suns acquire Marcus Morris from the Houston Rockets in exchange for a future second round pick.
- Phoenix Suns release Luke Zeller to make roster space for recently acquired former Houston Rocket, Marcus Morris.
- Dallas Mavericks acquire Anthony Morrow from Atlanta Hawks in exchange for Dahntay Jones.