In the second episode of Gasface’s “Talkin All That Jazz” series, they catch up with Pete Rock as he reminisces on how he got on Watch The Throne, J Dilla and the evolution of Hip-Hop. He mentions he crafted about eight beats for Kanye West and Jay-Z’s album, but in the end they only picked “The Joy.” He also took the time to say how much J Dilla influenced him as not only a friend, but a beatmaker and how he feels about the state of music now, even if he’s not so relevant anymore.
Gasface: Talkin All That Jazz #2 “Pete Rock”
- Kendrick Lamar’s “Death To Molly” Message Explained
- Sisa: Cocaine of the Poor [Documentary]
- Black Hippy – U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)
- Birdman & Rick Ross – The H [Mixtape]
- Mac Miller “Incredibly Dope” Interview